Friday, December 29, 2006

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT...

For almost four years blogging has been a major part of my non-working life. If truth be told, of my working life too. Trained and inspired by a master, I have gained the equivalent of a PH.D, endless hours of mental and literary calisthenics, belly-laughs galore and some exceptionally erudite and eccentric virtual friends. However, as some of them have started to chide me for riding the sideboards of other peoples' roadsters for too long, I hereby stick my big toe into blog authorship.

My goal is to combine serious political and social commentary of a conservtive flavour with what I hope will be light-hearted, literate and even literary insight into the quirky and befuddling cultural zeitgeist we middle-agers must pretend to understand in order to be noticed by our kids. Gigantic curses at the barbarian menaces of statism, rabid atheism and imperialist scientism will be mixed with incisive commentary on things like Britney's new carefree fashion trends, Dr. Phil's latest drivel and the charming conceit of the modern young that they have anything interesting to say. Who said the decline of Rome wasn't fun to watch?

The rules are simple: no vulgarity, religious or ethnic or gender slurs (or anything malicious) and no trolling. Craftsmanship, good grammar and wit in the comments win gold stars; badly-spelled pedantry and juvenile insults earn detentions. Thank-you for visiting.

4 comments:

John said...

I've numerous times had the experience of reading an more than usually chewy and nutritious paragraph at Orrin's blog, and scrolling back up to confirm my suspicion that it was Burnett I was reading...I'll be looking forward to this.

John Weidner
www.randomjottings.net

Hey Skipper said...

Peter:

You had long since become the best part of BrosJudd.

erp said...

We're not in decline.

Unknown said...

Congrats Peter, and it's about time! So were you ejected from the Brother-ship "David" style for some unintended heresy, or did you leave of your own free will? Or are you going to be blogging in both places?

I will attempt to abide by the very high standards you set, but it will be hard to do that and at the same time demonstrate how mean and nasty I really know you to be under that facade of Canadian niceness.

This also explains where all of the DD traffic went over the last week!